10 million reasons to succeed
Vocare provides urgent care services for over 10 million UK patients.
It runs urgent care and GP out-of-hours centres across the UK, as well as the NHS 111 service.
After a period of rapid growth, it required Admiral’s support in overcoming a number of challenges.
Having started out in the North East of England, it had expanded into Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Leicestershire, the South West and London.
Several new challenges emerged including:
- Pressure to recruit enough GPs to facilitate growth
- The heightened threat of issues or crises arising with the increase in numbers of patients using its services
- Promoting its corporate brand to potential investors, while also building awareness of regional services to the general public
Admiral was appointed to:
- Strategically advise on protecting and promoting Vocare’s corporate brand
- Minimise the impact and reach of negative issues and crises
- Support a major recruitment drive to double GP numbers
- Manage relations with various stakeholder groups
- Target patients with marketing campaigns
- Manage social media output
- Over 300 GPs recruited in six months at a cost of just £17 per appointment – significantly lower than traditional recruitment methods
- In over 80% of cases, Admiral kept negative stories from reaching the press by liaising closely with stakeholders and media
- Vocare’s corporate brand was not once mentioned in the press in relation to any negative stories
- As a ‘learning organisation’, Vocare was able to improve strategies and structures after each crisis threat following advice from Admiral
- Vocare’s ‘opportunities to see’ doubled within six months of Admiral’s intervention, both for the corporate brand and the local constituent ones
- Traffic to Vocare’s website increased sharply after Admiral started the corporate campaign. Spikes in activity were identified after thought leadership pieces appeared in influential trade magazines